EMCEE: Barry Long, Broker, Luxury Residential & Accessible Homes Specialist Marketplace Sotheby’s International Realty: We are honored to have motivational speaker, Barry Long, as the emcee for our 2019 Miss Wheelchair Washington Pageant. After a near-fatal motorcycle crash in 1991 left him paralyzed from the chest down, Barry discovered that choosing to live with a positive attitude, setting realistic yet achievable goals, and learning to ask for help can make anything possible. Since then, he has shared his uplifting message with people around the world, giving voice as an advocate for the rights of people with disabilities. As a long-time supporter of the MWWP, Barry is proud to help crown our new Ms. Wheelchair Washington!
The Ms. Wheelchair Washington (MWW) 2020 pageant will be held on January 18, 2020, from 12-5 PM at Mountlake Terrace Library, 23300 58th Ave W, Mountlake Ter, WA 98043. Ceremonies will be held from 2 PM to 4 PM; e
We are currently in search of contestants for MWW2020.
Requirements to compete:
- You are a woman.
- You are 21 years of age or older.
- You use a wheelchair 100% of the time in the community (this does not mean at home).
- Have disability advocacy experience.
- An interview with the judges.
- A two-minute speech on your platform.
- Two random–serious and light-hearted–questions for the top three contestants.
Kyann Flint is available to assist on preparation on any of these components.
If you win the title of MWW, you will have the responsibilities of:
- Attending two (just two, but you can do more) appearances a month. This can range from going to the Capital to being in a parade. Speaking at a grade school is an awesome option too!
- Going to Ms. Wheelchair America 2021!! MWA is an incredible experience! There are always incredible, like-minded women there that you will meet and make life-long friends from all over the country!
- Fundraising: this will be a combo of getting you to Ms. Wheelchair America and then rebuilding the program! I want to ensure that you can get to MWA!
- Crowning Ms. Wheelchair Washington 2021! And sharing all that you accomplished throughout your reign!
Please contact Kyann at email@example.com.